Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Whitewater Kayaking

So we were in Western PA whitewater rafting, kayaking, and camping this last weekend. And I had the good fortune of having my first run of Cucumber Falls, a class III-IV rapid on the lower Yough in a kayak captured on film by a professional photographer. So I wanted to narrate the pictures below.


This is me looking very hardcore entering the rapid.

Here I blast through the first hole of the rapid.

Here I am coming out of the waves at the bottom of the rapid, looking slightly off balance.
Guess I was a little more off balance than I thought, no worries my roll is pretty good.

Maybe a little too good, I rolled myself right back over.

That's alright I rolled right back up.




And finally here I am having a little fun in the waves attempting to surf.


Overall, the trip was fantastic. I was pretty happy that my 2nd ever whitewater kayak run was on a river like the lower Yough, which is a class III-IV river.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Nice photos!

You look like a true professional!

Kate & Casey said...

I think that "Jackson" kayak you were in was built by the white-water kayaking guru I was talking about--E.J.. The 'J' stands for Jackson...