Sunday, January 27, 2008

Casey and I catching our breath at Loveland Basin.

So it turns out that Loveland Basin, is a great ski area on the Continental Divide and only a little over an hour from Denver is EXCELLENT! First off they have a 4 hour pass which is perfect for a Sunday morning when you have a flight out at ~4pm, and it is only $40. And secondly the terrain is great. With groomed runs, big wide open bowls, and plenty of tree runs. I highly recommend spending a morning or afternoon there when in the Denver area. And I high reco getting over to lift "8" the best trails we found all day and never a line.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work on the commentary. That was nothing short of a badass trip, but I'm sure my legs will thank me when they realize that they're not going to be strapped to a snowboard for a third consecutive day.

Anonymous said...

Loveland is great. I skiied it for the first time over christmas. Its nice that it is so close to Denver, plus, you can watch the weather and traffic conditions on I-70 and plan your escape better if things start looking bad.