Thursday, February 14, 2008

Final Diagnosis

So after 4 hours in the hand surgeons office it turns out that I broke both of the bones in my forearm, the Radius and Ulna. And I broke them in a way that will require surgery to put in 2 metal plates and screws (1 for each of the bones) to put all the pieces together again.

So next Friday I go into surgery (out-patient), and then after 5 days I get to wear just a splint. So the upside is no cast. The Doc said that once I get the metal plates in the bones will be solid, so no need for a cast. I guess there is some upside here. Anyway it seems that this was much more significant than I thought, but after some new hardware I will good as new. Looking forward to next winter already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Upside: No Cast

Downside: Every time you have to pass through airport security for the rest of your life and explain your robo-arm.

So I'm guessing I need to find a new skiing buddy for next weekend..