Sunday, March 05, 2006

"Grounded"

So today I had the opportunity to catch up with one of my Dad's friends Pete. Pete has known my Dad and I for a long time and is probably one the best electricians around. He was in Philly for the XU woman's b-ball team who was playing in the ACC championship. The team did not do that well but that allowed Pete and his niece Tami to join Amy and I for lunch at the White Dog. Pete has recovered very well from a stroke not to long ago. And the guy has the best attitude on the planet. He travels around to see people he knows and do electrical work for them. He gets "paid" for the electrical work he does for these people by covering his room and board along with his golf. Doesn't sound to bad at all. Unfortunately I did not have my camera to get picture with Pete. Next time.

Also on the way home stopped at the Penn bookstore because they have a computer section in there that is pretty Apple focused and I wanted a MIS for a video I have to do for work. I wanted to be able to record a Voice Over for the video. I told them I needed it for a Mac Mini and they handed me one. OK great it is $12 bucks good to go. Well until I realize when I get home it is not USB and to be used on a Mac Mini it has to be USB. AGGHHH. Penn still sticking it to me!

Random picture for today:

My Dad's house in Cincinnati seemed appropriate for today, having seen Pete.

No comments: