Sunday, October 15, 2006

4 miles not so bad today

So the new shoes, pictured below seem to be having a big impact on the training for the impending 10K. The shoes were not cheap, but getting them from a good reputable store where the employees know what they are doing seemed to be the difference maker. On Track (website is under development) in Englewood, NJ was very helpful. The Reebok Premier FSM shoes are a stability shoes which is apparently what I needed.


In addition to the new kicks a $25 shin splint wrap has also helped reduce the pain I was getting. Pictured below it is a pretty simple wrap that keep pressure on the soft tissue of the lower leg avoiding shin splints.

That plus some icing and Motrin allowed me to run 4 miles today on the treadmill at 5.5 mph virtually pain free. I am pretty sure I could have done the entire 6.3 miles but I did not want to push it. SO with that all I have to say is that the other clydsdale division runners had better watch out, I am coming for you Chad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See, new/more gear has totally helped make you a better athlete. I will now apply this theory to tools and carpentry during my next Home Depot/Lowe's run. I'll have these shelves up before years end yet, but only because of all the new cool toys.