Saturday, April 12, 2008

Greensgrow Open!

So GreensGrow, the CSA (community supported agriculture) we belong to is now open. And while they do not yet have produce and meat they do have eggs, cheese honey and other wonderful local foods. If you have not looked for a local CSA, Co-op or farmers market check out Local Harvest, it is a very easy to use website that can provide you with the information on where to go.

Hope everyone is enjoying the start of spring, w just put the screens in the windows today and turned the heater off, hopefully for good.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I think Andy and I are going to join a CSA this year, but I'm really worried that we'll get a lot of beets. Every one I look at lists beets as a year-round product and I really, really hate beets. They do have a lot of organic cheese CSAs from Wisconsin though, so maybe it all evens out cause I really, really like cheese.

Keith said...

I also love cheese, we often get delicious kinds from our CSA!

As for beets, I do not really like beets either, but I do like golden beets, and I would have never found that out if it were not for the CSA. If you get some of those give them a try.