Monday, January 12, 2009

Now I am Committed, $150 Committed Anyway

So I pulled the trigger today and registered for the Philly Sprint Triathaoln, which is a 0.9K swim, 25K bike and 5K run. The race is Saturday June 27th so feel free to set the date aside and come down and watch me attempt to finish without making myself look totally ridiculous and out of shape.

I had better start working on my transitions, it is the swim-to-bike I am most worried about, as I am not sure I will practice in the Schuylkill before hand to much.

2 comments:

Andy said...

I remember something about filling your shoes with talc so you can get them on easily after getting out of the water.

At least you don't have the swim in the Delaware, right? That sounds about as appealing as taking a dip in Lake Erie.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Andy about swimming in the Delaware, but I think you should put Vaseline in your shoes instead of talcum. The only problem might be that they'd come off as easy as they went on, which would actually be pretty funny to watch.