Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Years Resolution

So I think I have my New Years resolution for 2009. It came to me on Monday when I was biking to work and taking advantage of the warm-ish weather we were having. I figured out that if I were to bike to work just once a week all year it is a total of 1,612 miles (52 x 31 miles). That may seem like a tremendous distance, and you would be right. It is exactly the distance from my house to the Badlands National Park, White River Visitor Center, however when broken up over a year seems very doable.

My resolution is I will bike to work an average of once per week for 2009. I had better get moving once it warms up if I have any chance of making this goal. Throughout the year I will post updated pictures of my bike computers' total odometer to show progress. But my starting point of 301.5 miles is below. What is your resolution?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My New Year's resolution is to drive to Badlands National Park.

Jeff said...

Couldn't you just hack the bike's computer, drive to work, and still convince everyone here you're hardcore?

Seems easier to me.