Monday, June 02, 2008

Huricane Free

Just wanted to let everyone know that Amy and I are doing fine, enjoying the warm, if not overcast weather in Mexico. We did get a good amount of rain yesterday but tropical depression Arthur did not materialize into much of anything, so that is the good news.

In other highlights from today I was able to wow Amy with my amazing sailing skills as I captained a mighty sunfish around the water of the Gulf. And despite threats of making a run for Cuba the only one to suffer was me with a little sunburn on my arms.

Looks like we should have no issues getting out tomorrow. Have fun a work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Captain Rincon! It sounds like you didn't get beat up too badly. Did the rental place make you wear the bright orange life jackets? I keep seeing this Tommy Boy image in my head...

Keith said...

Luckily not the bright orange ones, or the sunburn on my back would ha been way worse. I did recount the stories of me reenacting the "What about Bob" scene on your first vessel in the lakes on Indiana, namely holding onto the mast and flailing around enough to capsize us on a regular basis...aghh good times.