Sunday, August 31, 2008

down the 'shore

So Amy and I made our annual trip down the 'shore (for non-Philadelphia people that means we went to the beach in New Jersey) today. We left at 9 this morning and drove down to Cape May, the southern most town in Jersey. Not a bad ride and the weather was perfect, 90 sunny and not to humid. Of course I forgot my camera so no pics, but the trip was a good one, take my word for it. I ate some seafood advertised as "fresh" but I am pretty sure it was frozen until right before it went in the fryer, but with a healthy serving of tartar sauce it was delicious.

However as is the case every year when we do this we realized that we are not 'shore people. While a trip or two is great fun (we still welcome invites to shore houses...) the thought of going down there every weekend in the summer is just a little much. Happy to be back in Philly tonight and enjoying the mostly empty city.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith!!!!!!!!!

way too long! how are you?? whats new? engaged to Amy- congrats! email me at tasharichard@eastlink.ca so we can catch up!

Anonymous said...

There are some excellent restaurants in Cape May, next time you go down there, let me know and I'll give you a few names. There's also one that is exactly like you described above, which almost made me sick one time. Where did you go?

Keith said...

I cannot remember the name but it was literally the last restaurant on Beach before the ocean right in the turn around for cars. I will call for recos next time.