Thursday, August 21, 2008

New toys for the bike

For those that do not know I have not been riding to work recently for two reasons, one being I have been traveling quite a bit for work and I had a bit of an accident two weeks ago on the way home. Turns out that taking a turn from pavement to gravel at 20-25mph on city slick tires is a bad idea, so while I did not have any serious injury I did have a pretty bad case of road rash on my arm, shoulder and leg. But that is all better now, so back on the bike.

So I rode into the office again today and had a couple new toys for the bike. Performance Bike was having a summer clearance sale on gear, so I was able to pick-up a pair of panniers so I can carry my clothes with me vs. having to bring them the day before (and forget my pants) as well I got a wireless computer so I can really see what my speed and distance is. Big surprise is that my trip is 15.5 miles each way not 13. So in a round trip day I am doing 31 miles, not to shabby.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Be careful!

Don't mess up your face before the wedding unless you want to look back at your photographic memories and be constantly reminded of an incredibly painful and disfiguring bike injury.