Thursday, August 28, 2008

Road Side Repairs

On the way into work today my front derailleur jammed, and as luck would have it stuck on the big ring. For you non-bikers that makes it very had to pedal up hills. And I was still 4.5 miles from the office. So it was time to break out the alien tool and see what I could do to fix it, turns out the cable had just slipped and after a few trys I was able to get it to work, well mostly. I can shift between two of the front rings without chain rub. Looks like tomorrow I will be collecting the 100 mile tune up that REI gives you for free with a new bike purchase. I am sure that is easier than me playing with that cable for an hour to get it adjusted correctly so I can shift to all three rings and not have chain rub.

Biking certainly makes for more interesting commute than by car.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Um, is that English?

I consider myself a "biker" or a "rider of bikes", if you will, but all I know about them is:

1) Pedal fast.

2) WHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!