Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Rush of Fear

Ok, so what is the last thing you want to smell when the fire alarm is going off and you are on the 35th floor of a hotel in NYC? That's right smoke. And last week while staying at the Millennium Hotel 2 blocks from Times Square that is what happened to me. So I am asleep in bed and at 1:30am the fire alarm goes off, I lay in bed thinking what drunk asshole pulled the alarm.

Then I hear someone scream and run down the hall, and then I smell smoke. So panic hits immediately and I rush to get dressed and grab my wallet and computer, rush to the door fling it open to a wall of smoke and all fire safety I ever learned is right out the window. I rush out trying to find the fire escape stairs and finally find them and rush down 35 flights, all of this because a light in the hallway caught fire and caused a lot of smoke. And all I can say is thank god that is all it was b/c the hotel so so ill equipped to deal with this that if it was real fire LOTS of people would have died. Here are some pictures from the lobby and from just outside the front door.

Conclusion: I am staying at Starwood hotels from now on! Go Westin bed!

No comments: