Sunday, August 20, 2006

Comcast Sucks, Mountain biking & Tuna

So video on demand has now been broken for over a week and all I really want to do is watch Entourage. The show is great, but Comcast can not seem to get out to fix my cable. Even at $135 a month they are having me wait over a week to get VOD back. You can bet I will be calling about credits on my account after this wonderful customer service.

On a more positive note Lew and I did some pretty serious mountain bike riding yesterday. Wissahickon Creek, for those non-Philly residents is a great park about 5 miles from my house and is 5+ miles of trails and paths through some great wooded land all inside city limits. You can even find people fly fishing in the creek. After 22 or so miles yesterday I am fully embracing the indoor life today.

Also I am looking forward to posting some great pictures form next weekends deep sea fishing adventure with Doug and crew. We shove at 4am from the Jersey shore and hopefully will return 12 hours later with a boat so full of Tuna we will all be rich from selling it. There is a bit of gold rush feeling to this trip b/c if we catch a big enough fish apparently we can sell it and keep some of the profits. And the potential upside could be 10s of thousands of dollars with the right fish. Chances are we will all be drunk by noon but it will be a good time anyway.

No comments: