Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Dallas thunderstorms Suck while flying

So I was on my way to Dallas on Monday afternoon and the flight pushed back from the gate right on time at 2:45. We were cruising along all fine with the world when the plane started a big banked turn to the right. The pilot comes on and tells us that b/c of the thunderstorms in Dallas that are not moving we are being diverted to Little Rock, Arkansas. Ok I am thinking not to bad we will pull, they will let us off, re-fuel and in an hour or so we will be off again only an hour or so late - guess again. We get to AR and we sit on the runway with little AC, no water or snacks - not even some damn pretzels! We take off 2 hours later, land in Dallas and then sit there for another 2 hours waiting for a gate.

As a the cherry on top of this flight disaster sunday, as we finally pull into the gate they announce there is a a medical emergency on-board in the LAST row of the plane. SO they open the doors to the jet way and make us all sit there for 15 minutes as the medics come and load this poor kid that looks nearly passed out on to a gurrney and take him off the plane. So moral of the story, NEVER get on a plane without something to eat and drink - after 8 hours on that plane with nothing I was ready to chew my arm off, and always bring a book or magazine. After my laptop died I flipped through the SkyMall like 62 times. Anyway back to work I am hoping to get home by 10 pm tonight......

No comments: