Thursday, March 06, 2008

Check out my bionic metal arm

So I got my stitches out today and the Dr. was great, he was filling in for Mark Rekant my surgeon, who while he is a great surgeon, is not the most patient or easy going guy. The stitches did not hurt at all coming out and he even printed out a copy of the fluoroscope (low radiation x-ray) for me to have. As you can see below I have some serious metal in my arm now. He did not think it would set off the detectors at the airport, but there is always the chance. And the doc suggested I come up with a better story than "I was snowboarding" for the airport. Anyway, despite Kristin's request I did not want to post pics of my two incisions and the 14 stitches, it was pretty gross. But once the incisions heal a little more I will post them.


2 comments:

Andy said...

Quick - call the surgeon! He left his Afro pick in your arm!

Anonymous said...

I think they finally found the Weapons of Mass Destruction! Who knew?

Jon