Monday, July 07, 2008

$50 Tank for my Mazda 3!

That's right folks I had my first fill up today that was +$50 for my Mazda 3, now that was quite a shock. And now that my memory of the bike ride last week has faded a bit I think a trip to REI for saddle bags for the bike maybe in order. This way I can do the ride with less pre-planning of bringing a change of clothes to work the day before.

And at this rate I am very excited we live in the city where we have the option of walking to most places. How does it feel suburbanites? Feeling a little trapped in your houses?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

$50/tank is all it takes to set you off? I guess I've grown accustomed to $4.39/gallon out West. The last time I filled my tank, I paid roughly $80. Maybe I should get a Harley...

Anonymous said...

Not feeling too trapped, no. Almost anything you could need is under 3 miles from our house. It's not like it's the country out here. Over one week you probably spend more gas just going back and forth to work then the wife and I do combined for that week. Better get those saddle bags! I hear if you ride your bike to work every day for 2 straight weeks, Al Gore flies a gas guzzling private jet to your house and gives you a bear hug.